Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Greater Than Or Equal To

Now I remember why it's been three years since I've subjected myself to the heavy-metal, cerebral torture that is Life Drawing. Figure drawing is like the art equivalent of calculus: mentally taxing, mostly conceptual, and only enjoyable to those that don't understand basic social cues.

Plus when it comes to those that take the genre seriously, I kind of suck.

But this is what I've got for today. Me and my brain hamster -- I think I'll start calling him "Hank" -- are embarking on a new project. It's called, "positivity," and it involves being fantastically happy for everyone of whom I would normally be jealous; and self-supportive of that which I would normally be self-deprecating.

Sounds fun, right? It feels pretty good, too. This is what I did today. And though I want to say "holy shit what a pile of shit," instead I will internally squeal, "great job, you! I know your feet are frozen to your socks and you can't feel your fingers, but you did it!"




In the words of Jim Gaffigan, "doo do do do doo do doo do doo do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment