Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Few Things Worth Sharing

In the wake of my day spent doing nothing, the fruits of that labor have come up in a few things I found while dicking around. I'm currently writing this at my coffee spot (you know the one) next to a gaggle of seniors I'm struggling to drown out with the soothing sounds of Bon Iver on Pandora. Needless to say, it's not going so well. Though I'd rather they take their shenanigans to Bingo right now, I hope to god I'm that animated in my old age. It could be worse, right? Cue the cackles.

Word.


This article, which pretty well outlines what how believe the world can and should work, if only we could start trusting it. Sparknotes version: quit bitching and make it happen.

Heather Armstrong of Dooce.com
This woman, who is probably one of the funniest and most poignant ever to grace our blue marble. I've been reading her for a while but now is the time to share. I really admire a woman that knows her way around expletives. And yes I'm aware that probably everyone already knows and is over it already, but please acknowledge my late blooming into the world of technology. I've barely got my training bra off.

To continue my love affair with mommy bloggers, Motherhood, WTF has rapidly become one of my favorite things to read on the internets. No, this is not a secret plea to the universe for life-sucking little heathens of my own, I have just become acutely aware that the mommies of the blogosphere are some of the best people to find honesty and humor from. Thank you, mothers of the world, for reminding me why I'm waiting until I have nothing better to do to have children  (jk, jk. But seriously, aren't kids terrifying??).
This incredibly accurate, succinct and mature explanation for yesterday's vain SVU marathon search. I agree entirely, Ms. West. It is hella good.



You can thank me for the time well wasted later.



No comments:

Post a Comment